house of happy

Life adventures in prose and verse. Explorations of places, people and words. Stories and fun.

Sunday 18 March 2012

44 days, 17

RAIN!!! The first rainy day in months. And Cheeta's birthday! Since he's at such a crossroads in his life, and it's SO hard to sit and wait, I'm looking around for omens. Naturally, when I open my eyes and hear the rain patter on the windows, I think 'Oh no, clouds, dark skies, rain!' Then I go out and the smell, the sight, the sigh (!), of moist earth and plenty, happy plants, trembling little trees stretching up and up, all this makes me think 'Of course! A rainy day in a drought is the best sign possible!'

The sun toyed with us, peeking from the clouds, dashing and dazzling. And just before sunset, this:


Happy birthday, Cheeta!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home